Exceptional power frame for intermediate and advanced players.
Made in Taiwan
The Astrox 99 Tour is very similar to the premium Astrox 99 Pro but comes at a lower price point.With similar specifications to the Pro , the Tour is made in Taiwan and therefore more affordable. The stiff flex frame helps to increase racket speed on over head shots, whilst the new Power Assist Bumper offers greater power for devastating attack. Yonex's Rotational Generator System offers improved control, by distributing the weight throughout the racket.
Additionally, the Tour model is slightly less head heavy than the pro model, which makes it far easier to handle around the net and mid-court area..
POWER ASSIST BUMPER: A tungsten-infused nylon bumper, has been added to the top of the frame for increased swingweight and power.
ROTATIONAL GENERATOR SYSTEM : Offers counterbalanced weight distribution, with weight optimised in key areas of the racket for max control and shot transition.
NAMD: Yonex's revolutionary and premier graphite material is now present in both the shaft and the racket head.
Not in a rush? Check out our detailed guide here.
Purpose of Play
- Beginners: Opt for even-balanced rackets, which ensure ease in learning and versatility in shots.
- Intermediate Players: Depending on playing style, consider rackets that are slightly head-heavy (for power) or slightly head-light (for speed).
- Advanced Players: These players often have specific preferences. They might opt for rackets that amplify power, speed, or control, depending on their playing style.
- Ultralight (5U,6U,7U): Easier to control, quick swing. Suitable for beginners and defensive players.
- Standard (4U): Provides a balanced feel. Suitable for intermediate players.
- Heavy (3U): Emphasizes power, might be harder to maneuver. Preferred by advanced players.
- Head-Heavy: Emphasizes power, ideal for smashing.
- Even-Balance: Offers a mix of power and speed. Suitable for players who play both at the net and the back of the court.
- Head-Light: Emphasizes speed and quick reflexes, ideal for front court plays and doubles.
- Beginners: 20-23 lbs. Provides a larger sweet spot and is more forgiving.
- Intermediate: 23-26 lbs. Offers a good mix of power and control.
- Advanced: 27+ lbs. Delivers precise control but requires consistent hitting technique.
- Flexible: Easier for beginners. Generates power without much effort but might compromise on accuracy.
- Medium: Balanced flex and suitable for many intermediate players.
- Stiff: Preferred by advanced players. Offers precision but requires good technique to generate power.
Smaller Hands: G5 or smaller
Average Hands: G4
Larger Hands: G3
- We offer free shipping on all orders exceeding £70.
- All orders are dispatched via DPD next day service.
- The usual shipping duration for our UK customers ranges from 1-3 working days.
- Should you opt for our racket restringing service, kindly account for an additional day to the shipping time.
- Our customers are entitled to return any item within a 30-day window, provided the items are in their original condition, unused, and with the tags intact.
- If required, we can facilitate return labels at a subsidised fee.
- Please note that for rackets which had string upgrades, there will be a deduction of £20 from the refund amount.
- We stand by the quality of our products. All items purchased come with a 1-month warranty.
- In the event of any product issues, we will collaborate with the manufacturer to ensure the problem is addressed promptly and effectively.
By purchasing from our ecommerce store, you agree to the stipulated policies.