Not in a rush? Check out our detailed guide here.
Purpose of Play
- Beginners: Opt for even-balanced rackets, which ensure ease in learning and versatility in shots.
- Intermediate Players: Depending on playing style, consider rackets that are slightly head-heavy (for power) or slightly head-light (for speed).
- Advanced Players: These players often have specific preferences. They might opt for rackets that amplify power, speed, or control, depending on their playing style.
- Ultralight (5U,6U,7U): Easier to control, quick swing. Suitable for beginners and defensive players.
- Standard (4U): Provides a balanced feel. Suitable for intermediate players.
- Heavy (3U): Emphasizes power, might be harder to maneuver. Preferred by advanced players.
- Head-Heavy: Emphasizes power, ideal for smashing.
- Even-Balance: Offers a mix of power and speed. Suitable for players who play both at the net and the back of the court.
- Head-Light: Emphasizes speed and quick reflexes, ideal for front court plays and doubles.
- Beginners: 20-23 lbs. Provides a larger sweet spot and is more forgiving.
- Intermediate: 23-26 lbs. Offers a good mix of power and control.
- Advanced: 27+ lbs. Delivers precise control but requires consistent hitting technique.
- Flexible: Easier for beginners. Generates power without much effort but might compromise on accuracy.
- Medium: Balanced flex and suitable for many intermediate players.
- Stiff: Preferred by advanced players. Offers precision but requires good technique to generate power.
Smaller Hands: G5 or smaller
Average Hands: G4
Larger Hands: G3
The ultimate blend of speed and control, the Astrox 99 Pro combines the power its predecessor with extra maneuverability.
Made in Japan.
- Weight : 3U (85-89g) / 4U (80-84g)
- Balance : Head-Heavy
- Flex: Stiff
Endorsed by Kento Momota, the highly anticipated Astrox 99 Pro bring numerous improvements to enhance the racket advanced and intermediate players. Similar to other Astrox models, the 99 Pro features a stiff shaft and head heavy frame for explosive power. Yonex has introduced its latest Volume Cut Resin technology - an epoxy resin that has been used to construct the entire frame of the racket which offers excellent strength and light weight. This combines perfectly with the new slimmer and shorter shaft, allowing players to take advantage of the increased snapback when whipping smashes from the rear court.
Additionally, Yonex has increased the frame thickness at the top of the racket which works with the Power Assist Bumper to offer increased swing weight and power. Yonex have however, worked hard to ensure that all the extra head weight does not come at the expense of speed and have introduced an EXTRA SLIM SHAFT and fully recessed frame. Finally, Yonex have also refined the ISOMETRIC HEADSHAPE, for greater forgiveness and an optimised sweet-spot. This is combined with a new stringing pattern, borrowed from the Astrox 88S, that looks to offer more control and longer shuttle hold.
VOLUME CUT RESIN: An epoxy resin that has been used to construct the entire frame of the racket, is lighter in weight and has excellent strength, allowing it to support the new extra slim shaft.
POWER ASSIST BUMPER: A tungsten-infused nylon bumper, has been added to the top of the frame for increased swing-weight and power.
ROTATIONAL GENERATOR SYSTEM : Offers counterbalanced weight distribution, with weight optimised in key areas of the racket for max control and shot transition.
NAMD: Yonex's revolutionary and premier graphite material is now present in both the shaft and the racket head.
VOLUME CUT RESIN: an epoxy resin that has been used to construct the entire frame of the racket, is lighter in weight and has excellent strength, allowing it to support the new extra slim shaft.
- We offer free shipping on all orders exceeding £70.
- All orders are dispatched via DPD next day service.
- The usual shipping duration for our UK customers ranges from 1-3 working days.
- Should you opt for our racket restringing service, kindly account for an additional day to the shipping time.
- Our customers are entitled to return any item within a 30-day window, provided the items are in their original condition, unused, and with the tags intact.
- If required, we can facilitate return labels at a subsidised fee.
- Please note that for rackets which had string upgrades, there will be a deduction of £20 from the refund amount.
- We stand by the quality of our products. All items purchased come with a 1-month warranty.
- In the event of any product issues, we will collaborate with the manufacturer to ensure the problem is addressed promptly and effectively.
By purchasing from our ecommerce store, you agree to the stipulated policies.