Not in a rush? Check out our detailed guide here.
Purpose of Play
- Beginners: Opt for even-balanced rackets, which ensure ease in learning and versatility in shots.
- Intermediate Players: Depending on playing style, consider rackets that are slightly head-heavy (for power) or slightly head-light (for speed).
- Advanced Players: These players often have specific preferences. They might opt for rackets that amplify power, speed, or control, depending on their playing style.
- Ultralight (5U,6U,7U): Easier to control, quick swing. Suitable for beginners and defensive players.
- Standard (4U): Provides a balanced feel. Suitable for intermediate players.
- Heavy (3U): Emphasizes power, might be harder to maneuver. Preferred by advanced players.
- Head-Heavy: Emphasizes power, ideal for smashing.
- Even-Balance: Offers a mix of power and speed. Suitable for players who play both at the net and the back of the court.
- Head-Light: Emphasizes speed and quick reflexes, ideal for front court plays and doubles.
- Beginners: 20-23 lbs. Provides a larger sweet spot and is more forgiving.
- Intermediate: 23-26 lbs. Offers a good mix of power and control.
- Advanced: 27+ lbs. Delivers precise control but requires consistent hitting technique.
- Flexible: Easier for beginners. Generates power without much effort but might compromise on accuracy.
- Medium: Balanced flex and suitable for many intermediate players.
- Stiff: Preferred by advanced players. Offers precision but requires good technique to generate power.
Smaller Hands: G5 or smaller
Average Hands: G4
Larger Hands: G3
Entry level racket in the Astrox 99 represents the best value for beginner players.
- Weight: 4U(80-84g)
- Balance : Head Heavy
- Shaft : Medium- Stiff
The Yonex Astrox 99 Play is inspired by the flagship Astrox 99 racket but in a more forgiving frame. With a full graphite frame, the Astrox 99 Play is an affordable racket for beginners and intermediate players.
The cosmetic of the racket is also inspired by the professional version of the racket endorsed by players like Kento Momota.