Designed for the attacking front-court player.
The Astrox 88S PRO is an updated version for Astrox 88S . Similar to its predecessor, the 88S PRO combines a heavy balance with a stiff shaft to offer plenty of attacking power for drives and smashes. This beautifully designed racket also features a shorter shaft that offers fantastic balance and handling due to reduced air resistance. You will be able to rapid fire drives with ease during fast rallies due to the minimal flex and excellent balance.
Yonex has also introduced a wider frame width ,bigger grommet holes and its innovative Energy Boost Cap which greatly increase the feel and playability of the racket. The Energy Boost Cap especially stands out as it allows the shaft to flex, while the sides arch-shaped curve stabilizes the racquet face by preventing the shaft from twisting. This allows you to maintain control during fast rallies when you are placed under pressure .
Similar to the 88S , the 88S PRO truly shines at the front court where you will be to easily transition from mid-court drives to aggressive attacking net play with relative smoothness.
Not in a rush? Check out our detailed guide here.
Purpose of Play
- Beginners: Opt for even-balanced rackets, which ensure ease in learning and versatility in shots.
- Intermediate Players: Depending on playing style, consider rackets that are slightly head-heavy (for power) or slightly head-light (for speed).
- Advanced Players: These players often have specific preferences. They might opt for rackets that amplify power, speed, or control, depending on their playing style.
- Ultralight (5U,6U,7U): Easier to control, quick swing. Suitable for beginners and defensive players.
- Standard (4U): Provides a balanced feel. Suitable for intermediate players.
- Heavy (3U): Emphasizes power, might be harder to maneuver. Preferred by advanced players.
- Head-Heavy: Emphasizes power, ideal for smashing.
- Even-Balance: Offers a mix of power and speed. Suitable for players who play both at the net and the back of the court.
- Head-Light: Emphasizes speed and quick reflexes, ideal for front court plays and doubles.
- Beginners: 20-23 lbs. Provides a larger sweet spot and is more forgiving.
- Intermediate: 23-26 lbs. Offers a good mix of power and control.
- Advanced: 27+ lbs. Delivers precise control but requires consistent hitting technique.
- Flexible: Easier for beginners. Generates power without much effort but might compromise on accuracy.
- Medium: Balanced flex and suitable for many intermediate players.
- Stiff: Preferred by advanced players. Offers precision but requires good technique to generate power.
Smaller Hands: G5 or smaller
Average Hands: G4
Larger Hands: G3
- We offer free shipping on all orders exceeding £70.
- All orders are dispatched via DPD next day service.
- The usual shipping duration for our UK customers ranges from 1-3 working days.
- Should you opt for our racket restringing service, kindly account for an additional day to the shipping time.
- Our customers are entitled to return any item within a 30-day window, provided the items are in their original condition, unused, and with the tags intact.
- If required, we can facilitate return labels at a subsidised fee.
- Please note that for rackets which had string upgrades, there will be a deduction of £20 from the refund amount.
- We stand by the quality of our products. All items purchased come with a 1-month warranty.
- In the event of any product issues, we will collaborate with the manufacturer to ensure the problem is addressed promptly and effectively.
By purchasing from our ecommerce store, you agree to the stipulated policies.