1. Purpose of Play:
- Beginners: A larger head size provides more power and a bigger sweet spot, making it forgiving for off-center hits.
- Intermediate Players: A mid-plus head size offers a balance between power and control.
- Advanced Players: Often prefer smaller head sizes for precision and control, but it requires consistent hitting technique.
- Lighter Rackets (260-280g): Easier to maneuver, suitable for beginners, juniors, or players with a slower swing speed.
- Medium Weight (280-310g): Offers a mix of power and control. Suitable for many intermediate players.
- Heavier Rackets (310g+): Provides more stability and power but requires good technique. Preferred by many advanced players.
- Head-Heavy: Offers more power, especially for players with shorter swings.
- Even-Balance: Balanced feel, suitable for a broad range of players.
- Head-Light: Easier to maneuver, favored by advanced players and those at the net in doubles.
4. String Pattern:
- Open (16x18 or 16x19): Provides more spin and power but might wear out strings faster.
- Dense (18x20): Offers more control and string durability.
5. Choosing the Right Grip Size:
Method 1: Ruler Test:
- Open your dominant hand and extend your fingers.
- Using a ruler, measure the distance from the middle of your palm to the tip of your ring finger.
- Typically, measurements between 4 to 4 3/8 inches suit most adults.
Method 2: On-Racket Test:
- Hold the racket as you would for a backhand.
- There should be a finger's width of space between your fingers and the base of your thumb.
Common Grip Sizes:
- Size 0: 4 inches
- Size 1: 4 1/8 inches
- Size 2: 4 1/4 inches
- Size 3: 4 3/8 inches
- Size 4: 4 1/2 inches
- Size 5: 4 5/8 inches
Note: When in doubt, go for the smaller grip size. Overgrips can be added to increase the grip size, but reducing a grip is more challenging.
Discover the pinnacle of power and precision with the HEAD Gravity Pro Tennis Racket, meticulously engineered for the aggressive tournament player who commands both control and flexibility in their equipment. The latest upgrade with state-of-the-art Auxetic technology redefines your impact feel and playability, taking your game to an unprecedented level.
Auxetic Technology: At the core of the Gravity Pro's innovation is the groundbreaking Auxetic construction, which intelligently responds to the forces applied. This technology allows the racket to adapt on impact - widening when pulled and contracting when compressed - delivering a sensational feel and feedback that will enhance your performance with every shot.
Unparalleled Sweetspot: The distinctive rounded head shape is not just an aesthetic feature; it's a strategic design choice that maximizes the sweetspot. This significant expansion in the sweetspot area offers unmatched control, flex, and forgiveness, allowing you to strike with confidence and power even off-center hits.
Signature Aesthetics: Make a statement on the court with the Gravity Pro’s refreshed signature flip design, boasting different colors on each side for an asymmetric look that's as bold and dynamic as your gameplay.
Endorsed by Champions: The Gravity Pro comes with a pedigree of excellence, proudly endorsed by top ATP players Alexander Zverev and Andrey Rublev. When you wield the Gravity Pro, you're in the company of champions.
- CPI: 200
- Weight (Unstrung): 315 g / 11.1 oz - a weight that ensures a stable feel for precise shot-making.
- String Pattern: 18/20 - offering a tight pattern for optimal control and accuracy.
- Head Size: 645 cm² / 100 in² - the ideal surface for a balanced power and sweet spot range.
- Grip Size: 1-5 - catering to a wide range of players and preferences.
- Balance: 315 mm / 1 in HL - a head light balance that contributes to maneuverability and swift strokes.
- Length: 685 mm / 27.0 in - standard length for an extended reach.
- Beam: 20mm - a slim beam for a higher level of flex and a cleaner feel upon impact.
GRAPHENE INSIDE: The Gravity Pro features strategically positioned Graphene within the frame, bolstering the racket's strength, providing exceptional stability, and optimizing energy transfer from racket to ball. This incorporation ensures that each strike is infused with maximum power and precision.
SWEET ZONE: The HEAD Gravity Pro's special sweet zone emerges from a modern rounded head shape, with the stringbed's broadest section raised towards the tip, facilitating a contemporary, aggressive playstyle.
Step onto the court with the HEAD Gravity Pro and feel the gravity of every game-changing moment in your hands. Designed for serious players who refuse to compromise on performance, the Gravity Pro is your ally in chasing victory with every swing.
- We offer free shipping on all orders exceeding £70.
- All orders are dispatched via DPD next day service.
- The usual shipping duration for our UK customers ranges from 1-3 working days.
- Should you opt for our racket restringing service, kindly account for an additional day to the shipping time.
- Our customers are entitled to return any item within a 30-day window, provided the items are in their original condition, unused, and with the tags intact.
- If required, we can facilitate return labels at a subsidised fee.
- Please note that for rackets which had string upgrades, there will be a deduction of £20 from the refund amount.
- We stand by the quality of our products. All items purchased come with a 1-month warranty.
- In the event of any product issues, we will collaborate with the manufacturer to ensure the problem is addressed promptly and effectively.
By purchasing from our ecommerce store, you agree to the stipulated policies.