Not in a rush? Check out our detailed guide here.
Purpose of Play
- Beginners: Opt for even-balanced rackets, which ensure ease in learning and versatility in shots.
- Intermediate Players: Depending on playing style, consider rackets that are slightly head-heavy (for power) or slightly head-light (for speed).
- Advanced Players: These players often have specific preferences. They might opt for rackets that amplify power, speed, or control, depending on their playing style.
- Ultralight (5U,6U,7U): Easier to control, quick swing. Suitable for beginners and defensive players.
- Standard (4U): Provides a balanced feel. Suitable for intermediate players.
- Heavy (3U): Emphasizes power, might be harder to maneuver. Preferred by advanced players.
- Head-Heavy: Emphasizes power, ideal for smashing.
- Even-Balance: Offers a mix of power and speed. Suitable for players who play both at the net and the back of the court.
- Head-Light: Emphasizes speed and quick reflexes, ideal for front court plays and doubles.
- Beginners: 20-23 lbs. Provides a larger sweet spot and is more forgiving.
- Intermediate: 23-26 lbs. Offers a good mix of power and control.
- Advanced: 27+ lbs. Delivers precise control but requires consistent hitting technique.
- Flexible: Easier for beginners. Generates power without much effort but might compromise on accuracy.
- Medium: Balanced flex and suitable for many intermediate players.
- Stiff: Preferred by advanced players. Offers precision but requires good technique to generate power.
Smaller Hands: G5 or smaller
Average Hands: G4
Larger Hands: G3
Ideal for developing players
The Li-Ning A800 is a mildly head light badminton racket that incorporates the Aerotec-Beam system and Dynamic-Optimum frame design to balance power and control. The racket’s drag coefficient has been decreased which raises swing speed. The enhanced control given by the design of the frame and the positioning of the sweet spot higher up the string bed make this racket great for all court players and extra skill players. The frame has been engineered from carbon fibre and the shaft is flexible, making the racket more active and responsive and ideal for players with quick hands. The racket is supplied strung and with a full length cover.
DYNAMIC-OPTIMUM FRAME - Dynamic Optimum Frame is a high tech badminton racket frame technology that delivers exceptional offensive and defensive play characteristics and includes an enlarged sweet spot for high repulsion performance.
AEROTEC-BEAM SYSTEM - The Aerotec-Beam System is an extra aerodynamic badminton racket frame structure that is specially engineered to minimize air resistance while maintaining the strength of the frame. This reduces athletic fatigue resulting in a competitive advantage to the player.
HIGH TENSILE SLIM SHAFT - High Tensile Slim Shaft is a technologically advanced shaft design that can be found near top of the badminton racket shaft to generate the perfect blend of strength and control.