Not in a rush? Check out our detailed guide here.
Purpose of Play
- Beginners: Opt for even-balanced rackets, which ensure ease in learning and versatility in shots.
- Intermediate Players: Depending on playing style, consider rackets that are slightly head-heavy (for power) or slightly head-light (for speed).
- Advanced Players: These players often have specific preferences. They might opt for rackets that amplify power, speed, or control, depending on their playing style.
- Ultralight (5U,6U,7U): Easier to control, quick swing. Suitable for beginners and defensive players.
- Standard (4U): Provides a balanced feel. Suitable for intermediate players.
- Heavy (3U): Emphasizes power, might be harder to maneuver. Preferred by advanced players.
- Head-Heavy: Emphasizes power, ideal for smashing.
- Even-Balance: Offers a mix of power and speed. Suitable for players who play both at the net and the back of the court.
- Head-Light: Emphasizes speed and quick reflexes, ideal for front court plays and doubles.
- Beginners: 20-23 lbs. Provides a larger sweet spot and is more forgiving.
- Intermediate: 23-26 lbs. Offers a good mix of power and control.
- Advanced: 27+ lbs. Delivers precise control but requires consistent hitting technique.
- Flexible: Easier for beginners. Generates power without much effort but might compromise on accuracy.
- Medium: Balanced flex and suitable for many intermediate players.
- Stiff: Preferred by advanced players. Offers precision but requires good technique to generate power.
Smaller Hands: G5 or smaller
Average Hands: G4
Larger Hands: G3
With a medium flex shaft that is easy to use, the 900B offers a perfect blend of power and control.
The Li-Ning 3D Calibar 900B is a high performance racket designed for advanced players seeking a powerful and dynamic racket. The racket of choice of badminton stars Chen Long and Mohammad Ahsan, the 3D Calibar 900B delivers maximum power with a heavy head and stiff shaft. Having a slightly stiffer shaft than the 600B, Li-Ning has created a racket that is able to deliver explosive power alongside rapid shuttle speed.
The innovative Dynamic Optimum Frame extends and enlarges the sweet spot, allowing you to have greater control even with off-center hits. The widened string area increases repulsion and works fantastically with the weight of the racket, allowing you to control the momentum during fast rallies. The slightly stiff shaft combined with cutting edge UHB Technology causes the shaft to bend at the top portion and ensures power is transmitted efficiently through the frame for maximum repulsion, allowing you to unleash the full power of your smashes when needed. This works perfectly with the Wing Stabilizer System which improves the anti-torsion performance of the racket, allowing you to execute rapid strokes consistently and accurately. The cutting edge technologies introduced by Li- Ning ensures that the speed of the racket is stabilized so that you are able to execute strokes swiftly with delicate control.
Our View: We tested the 3D Calibar 900B with Li-Ning No1 strings at 27lbs for control and power. We tested the racket from the back court at the start and found it delivered excellent power, especially for full-powered body smashes. The head heavy balance provided an incredible touch, providing great control for drops and slices. The power generated form this racket makes it on par with other similar rackets from Yonex such as the Astrox 99 and Duorza Z-Strike. In the mid-court the racket allowed us to deliver powerful drives with relative ease, and the added control allowed us to vary between soft touches and hard clears smoothly. The heavier weight of the racket did make it feel slightly slow during defence, especially when facing repeated smashes and drives. The added stress on the arm makes this racket more suited to advanced players who are able to handle the extra weight. Additionally, the medium stiff shaft makes this racket easier to wield compared to the 900C ,making it a more balanced racket. If you are an attacking singles player or someone who prefers to play at the backcourt, this is an absolutely fantastic racket that offers incredible power alongside increased accuracy and stability.