1. Purpose of Play:
- Beginners: A larger head size provides more power and a bigger sweet spot, making it forgiving for off-center hits.
- Intermediate Players: A mid-plus head size offers a balance between power and control.
- Advanced Players: Often prefer smaller head sizes for precision and control, but it requires consistent hitting technique.
- Lighter Rackets (260-280g): Easier to maneuver, suitable for beginners, juniors, or players with a slower swing speed.
- Medium Weight (280-310g): Offers a mix of power and control. Suitable for many intermediate players.
- Heavier Rackets (310g+): Provides more stability and power but requires good technique. Preferred by many advanced players.
- Head-Heavy: Offers more power, especially for players with shorter swings.
- Even-Balance: Balanced feel, suitable for a broad range of players.
- Head-Light: Easier to maneuver, favored by advanced players and those at the net in doubles.
4. String Pattern:
- Open (16x18 or 16x19): Provides more spin and power but might wear out strings faster.
- Dense (18x20): Offers more control and string durability.
5. Choosing the Right Grip Size:
Method 1: Ruler Test:
- Open your dominant hand and extend your fingers.
- Using a ruler, measure the distance from the middle of your palm to the tip of your ring finger.
- Typically, measurements between 4 to 4 3/8 inches suit most adults.
Method 2: On-Racket Test:
- Hold the racket as you would for a backhand.
- There should be a finger's width of space between your fingers and the base of your thumb.
Common Grip Sizes:
- Size 0: 4 inches
- Size 1: 4 1/8 inches
- Size 2: 4 1/4 inches
- Size 3: 4 3/8 inches
- Size 4: 4 1/2 inches
- Size 5: 4 5/8 inches
Note: When in doubt, go for the smaller grip size. Overgrips can be added to increase the grip size, but reducing a grip is more challenging.
Discover the pinnacle of innovation and performance with the HEAD Gravity MP Tennis Racket, now available for those who demand precision and power on the court.
- CPI : 400
- Weight (unstrung) : 295 g / 10.4 oz
- String Pattern: 16/20
- Head size : 645 cm² / 100 in²
- Grip size : 1-5
- Balance : 325 mm / 0.7 in HL
- Length : 685 mm / 27.0 in
- Beam : 22mm
This racket is not merely an instrument but an extension of the body, meticulously engineered to elevate your game to the realm of the pros, much like it does for Alexander Zverev and Andrey Rublev, who have made this their racket of choice.
At the core of the Gravity MP lies the groundbreaking Auxetic technology, a design that defies conventional structures by expanding under pressure for a remarkable impact feel. This technology ensures that with each swing, the racket responds with a feedback so intuitive, it feels like second nature. This sensational response system is ideal for the aggressive player of the next generation who seeks control and precision to overpower the competition.
Complementing the Auxetic construction, this racket boasts a monumental sweetspot housed within its distinctive rounded frame. The massive sweetspot is not just a feature but a strategic ally, offering unmatched control, flexibility, and forgiveness, allowing you to command the court with confidence.
The technical specifications of the Gravity MP speak for themselves. With a CPI of 400 and an unstrung weight of 295 g (10.4 oz), this racket offers a balance of maneuverability and power. The string pattern of 16/20 is designed to provide a blend of spin and control, perfect for dynamic play. A head size of 645 cm² (100 in²) ensures a generous hitting area, while the grip size options of 1-5 cater to your personal preference for utmost comfort and grip.
The balance point stands at 325 mm (0.7 in HL), giving it a slight head light advantage for quick responses at the net and full swings from the baseline. With a standard length of 685 mm (27.0 in) and a beam width of 22mm, the Gravity MP supports a versatile playing style.
Integrated with Graphene Inside, the frame's stability is unmatched, optimizing energy transfer from the racket to the ball, ensuring that your strikes are not only powerful but also precise. The Sweet Zone adapts to the modern game, with the stringbed's widest section extended to the tip, while the Flex Groove and Elliptical Beam in the shoulder area enhance the impact feel through increased flexibility.
Beyond its technical prowess, the Gravity MP stuns with its aesthetic. The new asymmetric flip design showcases a dual-tone appearance that will make a statement every time you step on the court.
Experience the HEAD Gravity MP Tennis Racket, where advanced technology meets sophisticated design, providing an unbeatable combination of feel, power, and playability for those who play to win.
- We offer free shipping on all orders exceeding £70.
- All orders are dispatched via DPD next day service.
- The usual shipping duration for our UK customers ranges from 1-3 working days.
- Should you opt for our racket restringing service, kindly account for an additional day to the shipping time.
- Our customers are entitled to return any item within a 30-day window, provided the items are in their original condition, unused, and with the tags intact.
- If required, we can facilitate return labels at a subsidised fee.
- Please note that for rackets which had string upgrades, there will be a deduction of £20 from the refund amount.
- We stand by the quality of our products. All items purchased come with a 1-month warranty.
- In the event of any product issues, we will collaborate with the manufacturer to ensure the problem is addressed promptly and effectively.
By purchasing from our ecommerce store, you agree to the stipulated policies.