1. Purpose of Play:
- Beginners: A larger head size provides more power and a bigger sweet spot, making it forgiving for off-center hits.
- Intermediate Players: A mid-plus head size offers a balance between power and control.
- Advanced Players: Often prefer smaller head sizes for precision and control, but it requires consistent hitting technique.
- Lighter Rackets (260-280g): Easier to maneuver, suitable for beginners, juniors, or players with a slower swing speed.
- Medium Weight (280-310g): Offers a mix of power and control. Suitable for many intermediate players.
- Heavier Rackets (310g+): Provides more stability and power but requires good technique. Preferred by many advanced players.
- Head-Heavy: Offers more power, especially for players with shorter swings.
- Even-Balance: Balanced feel, suitable for a broad range of players.
- Head-Light: Easier to maneuver, favored by advanced players and those at the net in doubles.
4. String Pattern:
- Open (16x18 or 16x19): Provides more spin and power but might wear out strings faster.
- Dense (18x20): Offers more control and string durability.
5. Choosing the Right Grip Size:
Method 1: Ruler Test:
- Open your dominant hand and extend your fingers.
- Using a ruler, measure the distance from the middle of your palm to the tip of your ring finger.
- Typically, measurements between 4 to 4 3/8 inches suit most adults.
Method 2: On-Racket Test:
- Hold the racket as you would for a backhand.
- There should be a finger's width of space between your fingers and the base of your thumb.
Common Grip Sizes:
- Size 0: 4 inches
- Size 1: 4 1/8 inches
- Size 2: 4 1/4 inches
- Size 3: 4 3/8 inches
- Size 4: 4 1/2 inches
- Size 5: 4 5/8 inches
Note: When in doubt, go for the smaller grip size. Overgrips can be added to increase the grip size, but reducing a grip is more challenging.
Babolat Pure Drive Team Wimbledon Tennis Racket: A Powerhouse of Precision
The world of tennis has been graced by countless fantastic rackets, but few have garnered as much acclaim as the Babolat Pure Drive series. Today, we're delving into the specifications and features of its latest marvel, the Babolat Pure Drive Team Wimbledon Tennis Racket. If you're on the lookout for the perfect combination of power and feel, this might just be the racket for you.
The Pure Drive Experience
From amateurs to professionals, players worldwide have lauded the Babolat Pure Drive series for its striking blend of power and versatility. It's not every day you come across a racket that so comfortably nestles into the palm of any player, allowing them to release explosive power with ease. Its widespread use on Tour and its status as one of the all-time bestsellers bear testimony to the Pure Drive's iconic status.
Unleash Raw Power with HTR System
The Babolat Pure Drive Team Wimbledon Tennis Racket derives its explosive power from the innovative HTR System. This new composition enhances the High Torsional Rigidity, thereby enabling superior energy transfer from racket to ball—a feature that comes especially handy during high-intensity rallies.
Immerse in the SWX PURE FEEL
The latest Babolat technology to be integrated into the Pure Drive is the SWX PURE FEEL. This feature extends the SMAC technology, a revolutionary vibration filtration system that delivers an unrivalled feel at ball impact and a unique sound on every shot.
An Upgrade in Aesthetics
Apart from its technological advancements, the Pure Drive Team model has also been cosmetically upgraded. It has been enhanced over the years to respond to changes in the game with both a modern and vintage design for this model directly inspired by the legendary British Grand Slam.
Delving into the Specifications
This racket has a head size of 645.0cm² and a length of 685.0mm. Its unstrung weight is approximately 285.0g, with a tolerance of +/- 7g. The Pure Drive Team features a 16/19 stringing pattern, a 3mm unstrung balance, and a 7 pts HL unstrung balance, with a tolerance of +/- 7mm.
Further, the swing weight stands at 285, while its stiffness measures 72 on the RA scale. With a beam width of 23-26-23 and composed of Graphite, this racket guarantees robust performance on the court.
The Babolat Pure Drive Team Wimbledon Racket is available unstrung and comes with a full cover. Babolat recommends using the RPM Power/Xcel strings with a tension between 23-27 Kg and a Natural Grip. You can choose from various grip sizes: 4", 4 1/8", 4 1/4", 4 3/8", or 4 1/2".
The Babolat Pure Drive Team Wimbledon Tennis Racket proves to be a game-changer for players seeking a perfect balance between power, feel, and explosivity. It's not just about wielding a racket—it's about holding a manifestation of exceptional tennis technology that stands out in performance and aesthetics.
- We offer free shipping on all orders exceeding £70.
- All orders are dispatched via DPD next day service.
- The usual shipping duration for our UK customers ranges from 1-3 working days.
- Should you opt for our racket restringing service, kindly account for an additional day to the shipping time.
- Our customers are entitled to return any item within a 30-day window, provided the items are in their original condition, unused, and with the tags intact.
- If required, we can facilitate return labels at a subsidised fee.
- Please note that for rackets which had string upgrades, there will be a deduction of £20 from the refund amount.
- We stand by the quality of our products. All items purchased come with a 1-month warranty.
- In the event of any product issues, we will collaborate with the manufacturer to ensure the problem is addressed promptly and effectively.
By purchasing from our ecommerce store, you agree to the stipulated policies.