1. Purpose of Play:
- Beginners: A larger head size provides more power and a bigger sweet spot, making it forgiving for off-center hits.
- Intermediate Players: A mid-plus head size offers a balance between power and control.
- Advanced Players: Often prefer smaller head sizes for precision and control, but it requires consistent hitting technique.
- Lighter Rackets (260-280g): Easier to maneuver, suitable for beginners, juniors, or players with a slower swing speed.
- Medium Weight (280-310g): Offers a mix of power and control. Suitable for many intermediate players.
- Heavier Rackets (310g+): Provides more stability and power but requires good technique. Preferred by many advanced players.
- Head-Heavy: Offers more power, especially for players with shorter swings.
- Even-Balance: Balanced feel, suitable for a broad range of players.
- Head-Light: Easier to maneuver, favored by advanced players and those at the net in doubles.
4. String Pattern:
- Open (16x18 or 16x19): Provides more spin and power but might wear out strings faster.
- Dense (18x20): Offers more control and string durability.
5. Choosing the Right Grip Size:
Method 1: Ruler Test:
- Open your dominant hand and extend your fingers.
- Using a ruler, measure the distance from the middle of your palm to the tip of your ring finger.
- Typically, measurements between 4 to 4 3/8 inches suit most adults.
Method 2: On-Racket Test:
- Hold the racket as you would for a backhand.
- There should be a finger's width of space between your fingers and the base of your thumb.
Common Grip Sizes:
- Size 0: 4 inches
- Size 1: 4 1/8 inches
- Size 2: 4 1/4 inches
- Size 3: 4 3/8 inches
- Size 4: 4 1/2 inches
- Size 5: 4 5/8 inches
Note: When in doubt, go for the smaller grip size. Overgrips can be added to increase the grip size, but reducing a grip is more challenging.
Whether you’re a beginner, picking up tennis again or looking for an effective frame that’s easy to play with, the Boost is made for you! With a design inspired by the legendary British Grand Slam, the Wimbledon Boost will enable you to hit smashes, drop shots and aces with pure elegance.
- Power - It would be a shame to give up tennis because you don’t have Rafa’s arm! What you need is a racquet that’s easy to grip and will help you produce more power to boost your game. The Boost Drive racquet is specially designed with that in mind. A carbon fibre racquet that gives the extra power you need
- Lightness - Heavy wooden racquets belong to the last century. Welcome to 2020! The Boost Drive racquet proudly represents the new generation, with an entirely graphite composition. This technology is used for the best tennis racquets and is very light, without compromising on robustness or life cycle
- Maneuverability - Have you picked up tennis (again) because of an incredible one-handed backhand shot you saw on TV? Even if we can't promise that, we guarantee that this racquet is extremely manoeuvrable. It was designed to be light as well as balanced to avoid tiring your arm over time and to boost your chances of winning
- We offer free shipping on all orders exceeding £70.
- All orders are dispatched via DPD next day service.
- The usual shipping duration for our UK customers ranges from 1-3 working days.
- Should you opt for our racket restringing service, kindly account for an additional day to the shipping time.
- Our customers are entitled to return any item within a 30-day window, provided the items are in their original condition, unused, and with the tags intact.
- If required, we can facilitate return labels at a subsidised fee.
- Please note that for rackets which had string upgrades, there will be a deduction of £20 from the refund amount.
- We stand by the quality of our products. All items purchased come with a 1-month warranty.
- In the event of any product issues, we will collaborate with the manufacturer to ensure the problem is addressed promptly and effectively.
By purchasing from our ecommerce store, you agree to the stipulated policies.